Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Change of Venue

Welcome! So this will now be the location of my thoughts, likes, and really just anything I find interesting. A little about me. I am married to my ideal geeky amazing wife, and have 4 awesome kids ranging from 5 to 15. 

I have been gaming since I got my Atari in the early 80's, and still game today (MMO's, FPS, RPG, Horror, anything splitscreen for the wife and I to play). I started playing D&D 2nd edition in high school and have played a multitude of systems since. MURPS, GURPS, VTM, Call of Cthulhu, Star Wars d6, Serenity, Dresden Files, Pathfinder, and possibly some others I am forgetting. I have played MTG since Unlimited but as so often happens I was a dumbass and sold my collection 3 times. The 3rd time at least was for the downpayment on our house so not all for dumbassery. But oh how I miss my beta Timewalk, my original power 9, my collection of Word of Command (had 7), and my playset, all 40, of dual lands. I played a few other CCG's but the only one worth mentioning is Doomtown which was hands down my favorite one, and still have my decks. I cannot wait to get my hands on the new Doomtown Reloaded, maybe for christmas. 

I am a LARPer. I have been playing Amtgard since 97 and belong to The Unseen Hand fighting company (Damn Right!)  I am a Master Wizard well Paragon now and have my Master Rose. I have done a little SCA and just discovered my new passion. Dystopia Rising or DR is a Post Apocalyptic Zombie LARP. It is fully immersive from 9PM Friday night thru to Sunday at noon and happens once a month from September to April. I just went to my first event in October and it was amazing. Anyway more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment